Couscous with Roasted Summer Vegetables
This recipe is a a great way to incorporate all your favorite vegetables from your summer garden!
- 10 ounces couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 1 small yellow squash cut into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices
- 1 small zucchini cut into 1/4-inch thick diagonal slices
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 425oF. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick vegetable spray.
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Set aside.
In small bowl or measuring cup mix together salt, pepper, garlic, seasoning, olive oil
Combine red and yellow peppers, yellow squash, zucchini and mushrooms in large
bowl. Add dressing mixture and toss well.
Using a slotted spoon to drain away dressing spread vegetables on prepared sheet
pan. Reserve dressing remaining in bowl.
Roast vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool vegetables.
Combine cooled vegetables, remaining dressing and cheese. Toss well. Serve over couscous.
|Servings Per Recipe: 6|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 10 g||16%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||21%|
|Cholesterol: 21 mg||7%|
|Sodium: 450 mg||19%|
|Carbohydrate: 44 g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||17%|
|Protein: 11 g||22%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.