Corn salad is a fresh tasting snack or lunch time meal in the summer.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups fresh grilled or roasted corn kernels, removed from cob
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- In a medium bowl combine all dressing ingredients; mix well.Add corn, mushrooms, cilantro and onion; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, arrange spinach leaves on individual serving plates. Top with corn mixture. Sprinkle with chopped red bell pepper.
To Grill Corn on the Cob
Soak corn in the husks in cold water for 60 minutes before grilling. This lets the corn steam as it grills, making it moister. Let a bed of coals burn down until glowing and covered with ash. Place corn on grill and cook, turning several times with long-handled tongs. Cook shucked corn for 3 to 4 minutes, corn in husks 6 to 8 minutes.
To Roast Corn on the Cob
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Peel back corn husks, leaving them attached at the base of the ear, then remove and discard silk, then rewrap corn with husks. Place corn in a roasting pan, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||10%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 156 mg||6%|
|Carbohydrate: 22 g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||19%|
|Protein: 3 g||7%|
Modified from original source: http://www.greengiant.com/recipes/