Add corn frittatas to the side of any meal or serve it at brunch.
- 6 ounces button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño pepper
- 12 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) canned creamed corn
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Clean mushrooms with a slightly damp paper towel. Slice.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet seasoned cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add mushrooms in a single layer. (If this cannot be done in one pan, do this in two batches.) Sprinkle with salt. Stir frequently to help moisture in mushrooms evaporate quickly, between 3 to 5 minutes. After two minutes of cooking add the jalapeño pepper and continue cooking until the mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove vegetables from pan to cool. Wipe pan clean.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add corn, Parmesan cheese and chopped green onion and whisk together. When mushrooms are cooled, add to egg mixture and stir well.
- Pour mixture into the cleaned skillet. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and set in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 15 g||24%|
|Saturated Fat: 5 g||26%|
|Cholesterol: 431 mg||144%|
|Sodium: 673 mg||28%|
|Carbohydrate: 15 g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||5%|
|Protein: 18 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.