Chocolate Chicken Salad
Add some sweetness to lunch by surprising your family with a chocolate twist mixed in their favorite homemade chicken salad.
- 1 tablespoon natural cocoa powder*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breastcut in 4 pieces
- 4 cups baby lettuce
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple, cored, cut in thin wedges
- 1 bell peppercut in 1/2-inch strips
- 12 red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick vegetable spray. Mix cocoa, cumin, curry powder, paprika and salt with fork on a small plate until well combined. Dredge chicken pieces in mixture, coating well. Arrange chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken until reaches 165oF in the center at the thickest part, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine lettuce and spinach, and divide among four plates. Arrange apple slices on top of greens. Add pepper strips, then grapes. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange one-fourth of chicken on each salad. Drizzle two tablespoons dressing over each salad. Serve.
*Coca that is not Dutched or processed with alkalai
|Servings per Recipe: 4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 36|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 4 g||5%|
|Saturated: Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 66 mg||22%|
|Sodium: 562 mg||23%|
|Carbohydrate: 43 g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber: 10 g||42%|
|Protein: 34 g||68%|
Modified from original source: American Institute for Cancer Research at http://www.aicr.org, 03/31/06