Cherry Chicken Salad
Add chicken and cherries together for a fun combination of a chicken and fruit salad.
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Cut pineapple lengthwise in half. Store half for other uses. Cut remaining pineapple half into 3 sections. Slice out flesh of pineapple and cut out core. Cut pineapple into 1-inch chunks and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onions, salt and pepper and toss lightly. Add cherries and pineapple and mix gently.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, milk and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
|Serving Size||1/4 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe||4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 252||Calories from fat 90|
|% Daily Value|