Enjoy a source of healthy carbohydrates by adding cauliflower to your favorite potato bake; add some extra flavor with red bell peppers.
- 1 medium yellow potato, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- In medium bowl, toss potato, red pepper and cauliflower with oil, garlic, onion power, salt (if using) and pepper. Transfer vegetables to baking dish.
- Drizzle milk evenly over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- If desired, brown cheese by placing dish under broiler for 30 seconds, watching carefully. Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 3 mg||1%|
|Sodium: 225 mg||11%|
|Carbohydrate: 7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 3 g||6%|
Source: American Institute for Cancer Research at http://www.aicr.org accessed 3/31/06