Cauliflower and Potato Curry
Enjoy a delicious vegetarian dish with the cauliflower and potato curry recipe below.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 medium red or yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Add 1/2 cup water onion to a large pot. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion begins to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add potatoes and cauliflower. Continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add additional water, ¼ cup at a time, if needed to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet over medium heat toast cumin seeds, turmeric, coriander, ginger,
cinnamon and cayenne for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add tomatoes, raisins, salt and toasted spices to potato-cauliflower mixture.
- Stir gently to mix. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes. Serve over rice.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 1 g||2%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 413 mg||17%|
|Carbohydrate: 52 g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber: 6 g||24%|
|Protein: 6 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.