Cannellini Bean Soup
Give this cannellini bean soup a try for delicious winter meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped mild onion
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 quarts (8 cups) fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup couscous
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley, optional
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent browning.
- Add garlic, mint and cumin and cook, stirring, about 2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add broth, beans and bay leaves and bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes, until carrots are almost tender.
- Stir in couscous, cover, simmer 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Remove bay leaves before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if using.
|Servings Per Recipe||8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||36|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||4 g||6%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g||33%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.