Canned Beet and Blue Cheese Salad for One
This recipe makes the perfect meal for a single person who is craving an explosion of flavors for their lunch.
- 1/2 cup canned sliced beets
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked fresh black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup mixed greens, chopped if large
- Arrange beet slices on one side of a plate.
- Whisk together lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over beets; allow to sit 15 minutes.
- Crumble blue cheese over beets.
- Toss greens with remaining dressing and serve greens beside beets.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 1|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 189|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 21 g||32%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||20%|
|Cholesterol: 6 g||2%|
|Sodium: 522 mg||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 9 g||35|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||13%|
|Protein: 4 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.