Butternut Squash with Gorgonzola Cheese
Butternut squash is a great winter or holiday dish, add that extra flavor with gorgonzola cheese and other ingredients recommended in this recipe.
- 1 butternut squash, about 2 pounds, peeled and cubed
- 1 slice white bread
- 4 teaspoons olive or canola oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage chopped or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 11x7-inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick vegetable spray or brushing with oil.
- Steam squash in a covered pan until tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 10 minutes.
- While squash steams, break bread into a blender or food processor and pulse until crumbs form. There should be about 1 cup of crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a bowl and toss with 2 teaspoons olive oil or canola oil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Stir occasionally. Transfer cooked onion to a large bowl.
- Add cooked squash, sage, salt, and pepper to onion. Toss to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle crumbled cheese over squash. Top with bread crumbs. Return pan to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and crumb topping is golden.
|Nutrition Facts (without Lemon)|
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amounts per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 6 g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||13%|
|Cholesterol: 9 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 333 mg||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 22 g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Protein: 4 g||9%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.