Butternut Squash Risotto
Give this Butternut Squash Risotto recipe a try for a delish and healthy meal!
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces), plus more for serving
Toss butternut squash pieces in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread on a cookie sheet in single layer and roast at 425 for about 20 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a cast-iron dutch oven. Sautee shallots until tender. Add in sage leaves and season with salt and pepper, cook for a minute longer.
Add in butternut squash (you could make it up with a fork if you want it to be smooth or leave it in larger pieces if you want it chunky)
Add in 4 cups broth and the rice. Stir and move dutch oven from stove top to a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and carefully open pot, lifting lid away from your face to let steam escape without injury to you. Stir in wine (broth could be substituted here), butter and parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 11 g||17%|
|Saturated Fat: 6 g||32%|
|Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g|
|Trans Fat: 0 g|
|Cholesterol: 30 mg||10%|
|Sodium: 1125 mg||47%|
|Potassium: 299 mg||9%|
|Total Carbohydrates: 42 g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber: 4 g||17%|
|Sugars: 3 g|
|Protein: 10 g||20%|