Bulgur and Vegerable Stir-Fry
How to include bulgur into your traditional stir-fry recipe for an added twist.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1-1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces Waterchestnuts, canned, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups snow pea pods, fresh or frozen, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh spinach cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil cut in 1/2-inch ribbons
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled, crushed and minced
- Combine bulgur and boiling water in small bowl. Let stand for 10 to 20 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- In another small bowl, mix together soy sauce and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Spray wok or large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add oil and fat-free Italian dressing. Heat over high heat and add mushrooms, zucchini and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add pepper, Waterchestnuts, snow peas, spinach, basil, green onions and ginger. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over vegetables in pan, stir and bring to a boil. Simmer 1 minute then stir in bulgur and cook for 1 minute, stirring to heat through.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 219||Calories from fat 36|
|% Daily Value|