Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Pistachios
Throw in some extra flavor and texture to traditional Brussels sprouts with bacon and pistachios.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts close to the same size, about 4 cups trimmed
- 1 ounce shelled pistachio nuts, about 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Chop bacon. Cook in a heavy skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Discard bacon grease.
- Cut a small slice from the bottom of each Brussels sprout, cut each sprout in half. Discard any leaves that are wilting or yellow.
- Put prepared Brussels sprouts on a low sided baking pan. Toss with olive oil. Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove sprouts from oven and toss with cooked bacon and pistachio nuts.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|Approximate Nutrition Facts per Serving (6 servings per recipe)|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 14 g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||19%|
|Cholesterol: 16 mg||5%|
|Sodium: 319 mg||13%|
|Carbohydrate: 7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Protein: 9 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.