This simple recipe is a great side dish for any gathering or potluck dinner.
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 cucumber, peeled if desired and chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Cook in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain boiling water. Quickly pour cold water over broccoli to stop cooking. Drain. Place on paper towels and pat dry.
- In large bowl mix together cooked broccoli, cucumber, tomato, and onion. Add cheese.
- In small bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli. Toss well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 10 g||16%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||15%|
|Cholesterol: 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 261 mg||11%|
|Carbohydrate: 10 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||14%|
|Protein: 5 g||11%|
Modified from original source: http://www.thatsmyhome.com/simplysalads/brosum.htm