Broccoli Mushroom Quiche
Enjoy this dish at your family picnics or as an addition to brunch with your friends. Broccoli mushroom quiche is a great side dish or a meatless main course.
- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- Steam vegetables until broccoli is tender crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Put cooled vegetables into pie shell. Top with shredded cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over vegetables and cheese in pie shell.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
|Servinsg per Recipe: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 117|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 13 g||21%|
|Saturated Fat: 5 g||23%|
|Cholesterol: 115 mg||38%|
|Sodium: 456 mg||19%|
|Carbohydrate: 17 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 1 g||5%|
|Protein: 10 g||19%|
Modified from original source: http://recipefinder.nal.usda.gov accessed July 31, 200