Broccoli & Pecan Casserole
This broccoli and pecan casserole is a great recipe for any season and easy to make!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Put steamer insert in medium saucepan; add 2 cups water to pan. Steam broccoli florets and chopped red pepper together 5 minutes. Drain well. Transfer to prepared casserole dish and add pecans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove steamer insert from saucepan, drain and dry pan. Use hot pan to melt 1 tablespoon butter. Whisk in reduced-calorie mayonnaise and horseradish until smooth. Pour over vegetables in casserole dish and mix gently but well.
- Sprinkle casserole with bread crumbs and cheese. Dot with remaining butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
|Servings Per Recipe: 8|
|Amounts Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 10 g||10%|
|Saturated Fat: 3 g||13%|
|Cholesterol: 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium: 205 mg||9%|
|Carbohydrate: 7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||8%|
|Protein: 3 g||5%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.