Braised Radishes with Raspberry Vinegar
Try out a fun new way to spice up your radishes with some raspberry vinegar in this recipe!
- 1 pound radishes, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- In a skillet or saucepan just large enough to hold the radishes in one layer, combine the sugar, vinegar, butter, salt, water and the larger radishes. Bring liquid to a boil, covered. Add the smaller radishes. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until radishes are just tender. Transfer radishes with slotted spoon to bowl and keep warm, covered.
- Boil liquid in pan until it is reduced to about 1/4 cup, or is slightly thickened and the consistency of a glaze. Add radishes and pepper. Swirl pan to coat radishes thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.
|Serving Size:||1/4 of recipe|
|Servings per Recipe:||4|
|Amounts per Serving|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.