Black-eyed Pea Salad
Make the perfect salad overnight with this easy-to-make Black-eyed Pea recipe.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Chill, covered, several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Yields 6 servings.
|Servings per recipe: 6|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories from fat 72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 1g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5g||21%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
Source: Modified from original source: Flavor of Nashville, Home Economists in Home Community, 1996, P.O. Box 50484, Nashville, TN 37205-0484
OSU Cooperative Extension Service
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078-6141