A tasty breakfast that can be baked in 20 minutes, this blackberry scones recipe is perfect for an on-the-go family.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 cup diced frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and yogurt. Fold egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Gently stir in diced peaches and blackberries.
- Using a small amount of flour knead the dough into a disc shape. Slice into wedges.
- Transfer wedges to the parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
Yield: 6 scones
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 1|
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 14 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat: 8 g||40%|
|Cholesterol: 104 mg||35%|
|Sodium: 573 mg||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 54 g||18%|
|Protein: 2 g|
|Vitamin A: 7 g||15%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.