Tired of boring deli meat? Get daring with this new easy to make beef sandwich recipe!
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 –inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large oval slices rye or sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded turnip
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared fat-free Italian dressing
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steak in skillet; cook 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, combine relish ingredients; mix well.
- Line 4 slices of toasted bread with lettuce; spoon equal amount of relish over lettuce. Trim fat from steak. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices. Arrange beef over relish; close sandwiches with remaining toasted bread.
Yields 4 servings.
|Servings per recipe: 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 18g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 7g||34%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3g||13%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
OSU Cooperative Extension Service
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078-6141