Beef and Broccoli Stirfry with Spicy Asian Sauce
A healthy stir fry that is a quick weeknight meal. Serve it over some white rice for a delicious meal.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into sticks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound top sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- To make the sauce heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add grated ginger root, garlic, hoisin sauce and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir about 1 minute, being careful not to let garlic burn.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, lime juice and white wine vinegar.
- Combine cornstarch with water. Stir into soy sauce mixture, stirring constantly, and simmer until sauce is thick. Set aside.
- Heat 1-1/2 teaspoon oil in large skillet over high heat. Add thinly sliced beef. Stirfry until beginning to brown but still pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet to a clean plate and keep warm. Wipe out skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over high heat. Add broccoli florets, shredded carrots and sliced red bell pepper. Stirfry until crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return beef to skillet. Add sauce. Heat through
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||10 g||15%|
|Saturated Fat||2 g||11%|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||10%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA