Beans and Peas Salad
Make this beans and peas salad for a healthy snack or side dish.
- 2 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup frozen English peas (green peas), thawed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut ham into thin strips, set aside.
- Cook sugar snap peas in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove peas from hot water and plunge into ice water. Let sit in ice water for 1 minute, then drain.
- In a large bowl combine sugar snap peas, edamame, English peas, mint and ham.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk well. Pour over salad in large bowl and toss.
|Servings Per Recipe||8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||5 g||7%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||4%|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||14%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.