Baked Oatmeal with Fruits & Nuts
This baked oatmeal is a great recipe for a sweet breakfast or a fun dessert!
- 1-3/4 cups low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins or other small dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 sweet apple, peeled and cored
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Spray a 2-quart microwaveable, ovenproof casserole with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Heat milk and butter in casserole dish in microwave oven on HIGH until milk steams, 1 to 2 minutes. Mix in salt and oats. Set aside.
- Mix chopped apricots, dried cranberries and 1 tablespoon brown sugar into oats. Shred apple into oats and mix to combine.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir oats then top with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and nuts. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer, until oats are chewy. Serve immediately.
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 8 g||12%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||12%|
|Cholesterol: 9 mg||3%|
|Sodium: 126 mg||5%|
|Carbohydrate: 32 g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber: 5 g||16%|
|Protein: 9 g||17%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.