Perfect for a healthy lunch or a side dish for any meal, make a delicious salad with roasted asparagus by following this recipe.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 7 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 450oF. Toss asparagus pieces with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil. Spread on rimmed baking sheet. Roast medium-thick asparagus 15 minutes, thin ones about 10 minutes, occasionally shaking pan to roll them around for even browning. Test with fork to determine doneness. Asparagus should be tender throughout and lightly browned, but not charred. Season with salt. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together orange juice, lime juice, marmalade, ginger, and 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Put chopped lettuce on large platter. Scatter asparagus on lettuce. Pour dressing over salad. Top with almonds.
|Servings per Recipe: 6|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 5 g||7%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||3%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 188 mg||8%|
|Carbohydrate: 11 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||11%|
|Protein: 3 g||6%|
Modified from original source: http://www.hugs.org/Roasted_Asparagus_Salad.shtml