Asparagus Chicken Frittata
If you're cooking breakfast or brunch, try out this recipe for a meal that will feed the whole family!
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped, fresh asparagus
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and finely diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cups egg substitute (egg whites)
- Heat margarine in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Add asparagus, red bell pepper, chicken, onion, thyme, oregano and black pepper. Sauté 5 to 6 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken is heated through.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over vegetable/chicken mixture.
- Pour egg substitute evenly over vegetable/chicken mixture in skillet.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until firm. Cut into wedges and serve.
|Servings Per Recipe: 4|
|Amounts Per Servings|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat: 3 g||5%|
|Saturated Fat: 1 g||5%|
|Cholesterol: 27 mg||9%|
|Sodium: 279 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||7%|
|Protein: 23 g||46%|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.