Asparagus & Hard-Cooked Egg Salad
Use this recipe to create a tasty side dish or even a great starter to a multi-course meal.
- 5 stalks asparagus, washed, woody stalks removed, edible portion cut into one-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 large hard-cooked egg, peeled and quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1/2-inch water to boiling in a small saucepan. Add asparagus, cook one minute, remove from heat and transfer asparagus to ice water for one minute. Remove asparagus from ice water, drain well, pat dry.
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, honey, parsley and olive oil. Shake well to combine.
- Arrange lettuce on a plate. Scatter with cooled, dried asparagus. Sprinkle dressing over salad, top with feta cheese. Add egg quarters and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 1|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories: 213||Calories from Fat trace|
|% Daily Value *|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.