Asian Salad with Snow Peas
How to cook vegetables into a salad rather than just mixing them in for a different take.
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) snow peas, washed, trimmed, strings removed
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 2 small carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- Separately steam, boil or microwave the snow peas, beans, and broccoli until just cooked. Cool immediately in ice water to stop cooking. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a salad bowl mix vinegar, onion, pepper, cashews, ginger, oils, lime juice and zest. Add cooked vegetables, bean sprouts and carrots, toss gently and serve.
|Serving Size||1/4 of recipe|
|Servings per recipe||4|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 121||Calories from fat 45|
|% Daily Value|