Apple Raisin Pie
Make your dessert stand out during holiday gatherings by following this apple raisin pie recipe.
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Pastry for a two-crust 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add raisins to boiling water. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
- Mix flour and sugar, add to raisins. Cook over low heat, stirring, until thick. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, add sliced apples, nuts, lemon juice and lemonrind.
- Pour apple mixture into pastry lined 9-inch pie plate. Cover with top crust. Cut slits in top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 425°F for 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden.
|Servings per Recipe: 8|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 17 g||27%|
|Saturated Fat: 4 g||18%|
|Cholesterol: 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium: 295 mg||12%|
|Carbohydrate: 58 g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||12%|
|Protein: 4 g||8%|
City of Stillwater Employee’s Association Cookbook, 198