This colorful take on fruit salad is an excellent way to sweeten up a meal. This dish is loaded with pineapple, mandarin oranges, coconut and miniature fruit-flavored marshmallows.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks, fresh or canned in juice, drained
- 1 cup orange sections, fresh or mandarin oranges canned in juice, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced banana
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted*
- Combine pineapple, orange sections, banana slices, grapes and marshmallows in a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in yogurt. Sprinkle with coconut.
*To toast flaked coconut preheat oven to 350 F. Spread coconut flakes evenly on a cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until light brown. Watch closely to avoid burning.
|Servings Per Recipe||4|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat||3 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||2 g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g||16%|
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.