The Oklahoma Master Gardener program has become a popular volunteer activity that gives its participants a sense of community spirit, accomplishment and intellectual stimulation through collaboration, service and stewardship. It is as much about giving people the chance to grow as it is about growing plants and enhancing local landscapes.
Participants in this OSU Extension program undergo in-depth classroom training coordinated by local Extension staff with the assistance of state specialists. After their training is completed, the participants engage with Oklahoma gardening enthusiasts in activities and services coordinated through local OSU Extension offices and centers.
Is Becoming a Master Gardener for You?
- Do you have an interest in horticulture and gardening?
- Would you enjoy volunteering and sharing research-based information with the public?
- Do you have an interest in community service?
- Are you interested in learning the latest OSU horticulture research results, techniques and practices?
- Do you enjoy fellowship with other gardeners and horticulturists?
Master Gardeners Provide Oklahoma Dividends
- Check out the Oklahoma Master Gardeners state site.
- See what the Tulsa County Master Gardeners are doing.
- Visit the Oklahoma County Master Gardeners website.
- Rogers County Master Gardeners go for the green (thumb).
- Payne County Master Gardeners make community spirit bloom.
- Residents grow through Cleveland County Master Gardeners.
- Check out Oklahoma Proven to learn more about plants to grow in Oklahoma.
- OSU Digital Diagnostics can help anyone diagnose pests and diseases in plants.
- Learn more about gardening from OSU Home Landscape & Gardening.
Contact the local OSU Extension county office for additional information about Oklahoma Master Gardener Program opportunities and activities in your area.
Ask Our Gardening Experts a Question
Have a problem in your garden or lawn that you aren't sure how to solve? Enter your question in the form below and one of our experts will respond, typically within a few days.