Virtual FIeld Tour
Southwest Research & Extension Center
Join our Oklahoma State University Extension experts to virtually tour the Southwest Research and Extension Center in Altus, Oklahoma. This series of three Zoom meetings will overview cotton management, irrigation and sorghum and sesame studies.
SWREC Field Tour Day 1
SWREC Field Tour Day 2
SWREC Field Tour Day 3
September 22-24, 2020 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Late season cotton management
- Weed management in cotton
- Nitrogen management in cotton
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Irrigation scheduling on drip irrigation systems
- Cotton irrigation scheduling studies in southwest Oklahoma
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 | 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Grain sorghum varieties and dual use system study
- Sesame herbicide studies
- Seth Byrd, Extension Cotton Specialist
- Todd Baughman, IAB Weed Science Program Leader
- Brian Arnall, Precision Nutrient Management Extension Specialist
- Jason Warren, Soil and Water Conservation Management Specialist
- Saleh Taghvaeian, Water Resources Extension Specialist
- Josh Lofton, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist
- Gary Strickland, Former Jackson County Extension Agriculture Educator and Southwest Research and Extension Center Regional Agronomist