Woodward County Family & Consumer Sciences
We believe the family should come first in the life of the individual, the community, and the nation. We will build our homes on love and mutual respect. We shall endeavor to discover the potential in our children and our neighbor's children and to help them develop their personalities in such a manner that they made a worthwhile contribution to life.
We shall maintain high standards in our homes through research and education to promote better use of our environment and better living conditions for all. We shall encourage faith in a God of love who is forever revealed through natural laws and human personalities.We shall have faith that strong leaders shall go forth from our homes and communities carrying with them throughout the universe the ideals which we have proclaimed.
Woodward County FCS Information
- OHCE monthly group meetings
- Better Homes Group - Meets the 1st Tuesday of the month at 1:00 PM
- Prairie Rose Group - Meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 1:30 PM -OSU Extension Office
- Woodwardettes - Meets 3rd Monday of the month at 1:30 PM -OSU Extension Office
- Work and Play Group - Meets the 1st Monday of the month at 1:30 PM - Moreland Senior Center
- County Projects
- Memorial Flowers
- Veteran's Project
- Books for Babies
- Upcoming Workshops:
Quilting Basics 101 Series
Sew me days (end of each month)
Walk with Ease: Each Tuesday and Thursday,
Woodward Event Center 1:00 pm, Moreland Methodist Church 9:00 am
Co-Parenting for Resilience
Co-Parenting for Resilience: Helping Parents Help their Children. Divorcing and separating couples will benefit by learning techniques to transition into their new "co-parenting" lifestyle and by learning effective strategies to promote their children’s healthy adjustment to their parent’s separation. This class also satisfies the court mandated requirement for divorcing/separating couples and those seeking custody, visitation or paternity of minor children in Oklahoma.
2021 Class Schedule
- Monday, October 11th, 2021 / 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Monday, October 25th, 2021 / 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Monday, November 8th, 2021 / 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Monday, November 29th, 2021 / 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Monday, December 13th, 2021 / 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Monday, December 20th, 2021 / 5:00 – 9:00 PM
- Monday, January 10th, 2022 / 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- Monday, January 31st, 2022 / 5:00 – 9:00 PM
Please note that all participants must pre-register 1 week in advance.
All classes will be at the Woodward County OSU Extension Office Conference Room which is located at 108 Temple Houston Drive, Woodward, OK 73801.
If our location and class schedule does not work with your schedule please go to the Co-Parenting website for other locations (Please note that cost for the class varies per county).
Cost for class is $35 and participants must register 1 week prior to class. Registration can be picked up at our office or printed and filled out. Prior to the class, participants need to complete a survey. This can be a paper copy or may be taken online.
Payment must accompany registration in the form of a personal check, cashier's check, or money order. Do not mail cash. Make checks payable to "Woodward Co. OSU Extension".
No child care is provided & children are not allowed to attend the class.
If you cannot attend the class as scheduled, notify the county office at least 48 hours before the class begins and your fee can be applied to the next class.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time for the class to sign in and find a seat. Do not arrive after class starts. Credit is not given for late arrivals