Family and Consumer Sciences
Oklahoma Home and Community Education is committed to educating Oklahomans about family and consumer issues, providing community service, and bringing friends together. With more than 5,000 members, OHCE has a strong history of promoting family values and shaping the community. OHCE members are adults of all ages who are interested in continuing their education on issues affecting family and developing life skills.
OCES County educators in Family and Consumer Sciences work closely with local OHCE groups to bring the latest research-based information from Oklahoma State University to each community. OHCE county, district, and state officers maintain a strong educational partnership with OCES-FCS county educators and district and state specialists.
Educational programs are available on a one on one basis or in a group setting. Please contact the county extension office if you have an interest in requesting a program on one of the following topics:
- Nutrition - information for the management of diabetes, childhood obesity, and other
Health and Wellness - Healthy Living A to Z, Exercise programs, and Stress Management.
- Parenting - Self-esteem, Dealing with Bullies, etc.
- PREP (Prevention Relationship Enhancement Program) - Governor's Oklahoma Marriage Initiative
- Co-Parenting Through Divorce (Woods County Family Court mandated) - Offered Quarterly - March, June, September, December.
- Family Resource Management - Budgeting, Estate Planning, Home Office, Keys to Successful Money Management, etc.