Pittsburg County Agriculture
Welcome to Pittsburg County's Agriculture page! Find information and resources about agriculture, production and management. We are always happy to help and direct you in the right direction to best fit your needs.
Pittsburg County Farmers' Market provides a place where Oklahoma farmers, ranchers, and gardeners can sell fresh Oklahoma grown produce and other agricultural products to consumers. It is registered by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry as an Oklahoma Grown program.
Farmers Market is located and Main & Choctaw in McAlester and is open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from May thru November.
Soil, Water and Forage Testing
The OSU Soil, Water & Forage Analytical Laboratory works in conjunction with the OSU Extension. To help serve the state of Oklahoma with testing Services, each County Extension Office is set up to take samples for analysis. You are encouraged to take your sample to your local County Extension office.
- Want the latest information on Oklahoma weather conditions? Visit the Mesonet homepage.
- Find video news from OSU specialists, researchers and other experts on SUNUP TV.
- Find research-based information on a wide variety of topics including agriculture, economic development, family and consumer sciences, and youth development from OSU Extension Fact Sheets.
- Watch the Eastern OK Cattle Conference video.
- Explore the Entomology and Plant Pathology website if your interested in our research on insects and plant diseases.
- Learn more about plants, pests, and pathogens in the Index of Recordings.
- Want information on beef production, business planning, risk management and marketing? Check out the OSU's Master Cattlemen Program.