Areas of Expertise
Upon reflection, I humbly acknowledge that I chose to be an Extension educator because of the wonderful, strong and resilient role models I had the advantage of knowing and interacting with growing up in my mother's home demonstration club. I observed first-hand their knowledge gained and utilized, their support for each other and their community, and the leadership they displayed. I admit that I wanted to assist in continuing this beneficial educational tradition. I am fervent about my vocation as an Extension Educator because I truly believe that all people need to be equipped with the necessary life skills to become empowered in solving their problems and enhancing their lives.
I once heard someone describe the Extension profession as a vocation, which perfectly describes my feelings about being an OSU Extension county educator. Extension work is more than a job or occupation, and even more than a career.
I hold a bachelor of science degree in home economics from Oklahoma State University and a
master of business administration degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Advisor to the Okfuskee County Oklahoma Home and Community Education (OHCE) organization
- Co-Parenting for Resilience
- Tai chi: Moving for Better Balance
- Nutrition for Older Adults
- Live Well, Eat Well, and Be Active with Diabetes (L.E.A.D.)
- Welcome to the Real World
- Sewing Basics
- Family and Consumer Science-related programming to 4-H members and other county youth
- Poverty Simulation