Skip to main content

Oklahoma Gardening

Whether you are a gardener or just enjoy the diverse beauty that Oklahoma has to offer, you will enjoy watching the Oklahoma Gardening television program. OKG provides the best research-based information available on TV. Each show includes beautiful and informative segments on gardening, lawn care, tree care, and landscaping design and maintenance. Along with segments from our studio garden, we will introduce you to gardeners from around the state and tour their gardens. Tune in every week to Oklahoma Gardening Saturdays 11 a.m. and Sundays 3:30 p.m. on OETA stations and on OETA throughout the week. Visit Oklahoma Gardening.


Biosecurity for Birds

All information and links about protecting the birds against all diseases.


SUNUP, which airs Saturday mornings at 7:30 and Sunday mornings at 6:00 on OETA, is your place for Oklahoma agriculture. Whether it's explaining the latest research, providing updates for current crops or covering the issues that matter most, SUNUP is your source.


USDA Animal Health Technician/Becca Loney

Our USDA rep for Bird Biosecurity.

Rebecca (Becca) Loney

Office: 405-751-1701



In Nowata County OSU Extension Office, she dropped off three pamphlets (several of each).

  • Backyard Biosecurity Practices to Keep Your Birds Healthy
  • Avian Influenza
  • Cleaning and Disinfecting Checklist for Backyard Poultry Owners.

She also offered to come to any poultry event, meeting, etc. to give a talk about biosecurity for birds


Pesticide Applicator Training Manuals/Information

Cost: $5.00-$25.00 These manuals are at cost. The use of pesticides in Oklahoma is governed by the Pesticide Applicators Law, covering not only agricultural applications such as crop spraying and fumigating of grain bins, but also regulating the pest control industry, including the control of termites, weeds, roaches, etc. The Law states that any person who applies pesticides commercially must be certified to do so, and that any company (including one-man operations) must be licensed for the type of work being done. Non-commercial operations such as golf courses and government agencies must be licensed and their applicators must be certified in order to legally use restricted-use pesticides. (The term "pesticide" includes insecticides, herbicides, termiticides, rodenticides, etc).



Check Out These Links For Research-Based Information From OSU


Back To Top