Delaware County 4-H
Oklahoma 4-H Mission
The mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program is to provide Oklahoma youth, families, and communities with educational programs which will create environments for diverse audiences of youth and adults to reach their fullest potential. In support of this mission we will:
- Provide community based experiential learning through clubs, school enrichment, special interest programs, and mass media
- Help youth develop skills that will benefit them throughout life
- Foster leadership and volunteerism for youth and adults
- Build internal and external partnerships for programming and resource development.
- Strengthen families and communities
- Use research-based knowledge and the land grant university system and other sources
Oklahoma 4-H Vision
Oklahoma is a national leader in developing youths' abilities to become productive citizens and catalysts for positive change to meet the needs of a diverse and changing society. Through 4-H youth development education, youth will:
- Feel valued and empowered as a resource in the community
- Practice effective problem-solving and decision making skills
- Be environmental stewards. Demonstrate positive character and ethical behavior
- Appreciate human differences. Have a strong sense of community and social responsibility
- Contribute to positive relationships with families, peers, and community
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Value lifelong learning
- Feel the personal pride that comes from achievement
Delaware County 4-H Clubs
Delaware County has numerous great 4-H Clubs you can join and attend. Currently there are 6 active clubs available for fun, recreation and building life skills.
You can also contact the Delaware County Extension office at (918) 253-4332 for further information.
For more information on 4-H membership, what a 4-H club is, how to join one or how to create one please visit our 4-H club and membership information page.
County 4-H Clubs:
- Colcord 4-H
- Jay 4-H
- Kansas 4-H
- Leach 4-H
- Moseley 4-H
- Oaks 4-H
- Starr 4-H
Leader/Parent Volunteer Association- Meets the first Monday of each month at 6pm at the fairgrounds.
County 4-H Project Clubs:
- Archery Club- Meets the second Sunday of each month at 2:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
- Entomology Club- Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
- Rabbit Club- Meets the third Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
- Poultry Club- Meets the third Saturday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the fairgrounds.
Leader Parent Volunteer Association
The Leader-Parent Volunteer Association meets the first Monday of each month at the Fairgrounds at 6pm. For more information, contact the Delaware County Extension Office at (918) 253-4332.
Membership is $20/per member.
All 4-H members must re-enroll annually.
Like our Delaware County Facebook page to keep up with current 4-H information!