Comanche County 4-H
Membership does not continue from year to year!
Being a bona fide member also makes you eligible for all of the activities, programs, and trips, and livestock shows 4-H has to offer. If you have not recently re-enrolled using 4-Honline.com please contact your local club leader or Carol in the Extension Office.
4-H Age Policy
Re-definition of age: For all 4-H events and activities, a member's age is determined by how old they will be on 1/1/2020. So, if a 4-H'er turns 12 in December, they compete as a 12 year old in the intermediate age group for the entire 2019-2020 year. The exception is 8 year olds - a child cannot compete as a 4-H member until they have reached their 8th birthday. Please do not hesitate to call the Extension Office with any questions regarding the age policy.
4-H Cloverbuds are youth members ages 5-8.
They can be active participants in any local club or County event that specifies Cloverbuds welcome.
4-H is a great way to:
Meet new friends, have opportunities to develop public speaking skills, shared experiences, and participation in cooperative learning through local meetings, educational tours, recreational activities, fairs, shows, and camps.
- Training in citizenship, leadership, and character development.
- Pride of ownership, and pride in workmanship.
- Leadership opportunities through local meetings, county activities, district and state conferences.
- Career exploration and life skills development through projects.
- Recognition for work accomplished-county medals, cash awards, trips and college scholarships.
Active Local Clubs
- Cache Club: Meets the 3rd Thursday, after school, in the 5th & 6th Library.
- Chattanooga Club: Meets the second Wednesday of every month in The Chattanooga High School Auditorium at 3:30pm.
- Elgin Club: Meets the second Tuesday of every month in The Elgin Elementary School lower cafeteria 3:30pm ~ 4:45pm.
- Fletcher Club: Meets 1st Thursday of every month at 4:00pm at Fletcher Elementary School
- Lawton Club: Meets the 2nd Saturday of every month at 11:00am at The Comanche County Fairgrounds, Prairie Building.
- Lawton Academy of Arts & Sciences Club: Meets the 2nd Friday of each month. Meetings start at 4:45pm and are held in The Lawton Academy of Arts & Sciences Elementary Building.
- Photography Club: Pending meeting time and date
- Shooting Sports: Try to meet every Saturday, weather and volunteer availability permitting at the leader's home.
- Rabbit Club: Meetings are held at Club Leader's home. Please contact the office her contact information for directions.
- Teen Ambassador's: Please contact our office for meeting times and dates.
If you would like anymore information about how to join one of our local clubs, please
contact our office during office hours and we will get you the necessary contact information
for each leader.