Comanche County 4-H
Reminder ! Membership Needs to be Renewed Yearly!
Being a bona fide member also makes you eligible for all of the activities, programs, and trips, and livestock shows 4-H has to offer. If you have not recently re-enrolled using 4-Honline.com please contact your local club leader or Sharon in the Extension Office. Enrollment Begins for the new year August 1st.
4-H is a great way to:
Meet new friends, have opportunities to develop public speaking skills, shared experiences, and participation in cooperative learning through local meetings, educational tours, recreational activities, fairs, shows, and camps.
- Training in citizenship, leadership, and character development.
- Pride of ownership, and pride in workmanship.
- Leadership opportunities through local meetings, county activities, district and state conferences.
- Career exploration and life skills development through projects.
- Recognition for work accomplished-county medals, cash awards, trips and college scholarships.
- 4-H Rules & Guidelines
- 4-H Age PolicyRe-definition of age: For all 4-H events and activities, a member's age is determined by how old they will be on 01/01/2020. So, if a 4-H'er turns 12 in December, they compete as a 12 year old in the intermediate age group for the entire 2019-2020 year. The exception is 8 year olds - a child cannot compete as a 4-H member until they have reached their 8th birthday. Please do not hesitate to call the Extension Office with any questions regarding their age policy.
4-H Cloverbuds are youth members ages 5-8. They can be active participants in any local club or County event that specifies Cloverbuds welcome.
- 4-H PledgeI pledge my head to clearer thinking, my heart to greater loyalty, my hands to larger service, my health to greater living, for my club, my community, my county and my world.
- 4-H MissionThe mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program is to provide Oklahoma youth, families and communities with educational programs which will create environments for diverse audiences of youth and adults to reach their fullest potential by developing and enhancing skills for living.
- 4-H Motto"To Make the Best Better"
- 4-H Clubs
- County Forms
- Fair Books
- State Fair Book
- County Fair Book
- Project Areas
- Record Books
Stay up-to-date on all of the Comanche County OSU Extension & 4-H events and activities by following our Facebook page!