Green Country Pesticide Conference to offer continuing education units
Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Media Contact: Gail Ellis | Editorial Communications Coordinator | 405-744-9152 | email@example.com
The Oklahoma State University Extension office in Rogers County will host the Green Country Pesticide Conference on August 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Rogers County Extension Building, 416 S. Brady St., Claremore.
The event will feature a trade show and program on controlling unwanted pests in pastures, greenhouses, orchards and groves. Also, the sessions are approved for Oklahoma Department of Agriculture Food and Forestry continuing education units.
OSU Extension specialists will cover pertinent information on the following seasonal topics:
- Managing common pecan and tree fruit pests with Becky Carroll, fruit and pecan specialist
- Fall herbicide application in pastures with Brian Pugh, northeast area agronomy specialist
- Safety and health considerations with Michael Rose, Mayes County Extension director and ag educator
- Myths and pesticide use with Donna Patterson, Rogers County Extension director and ag educator
- Greenhouse/garden pesticide use and pre-harvest intervals with Holly Dobbs, Rogers County horticulture educator
- Aquatic herbicides and other aquatic plant and riparian management tools with Marley Beem, pond specialist
Register by August 17 to receive the event’s complimentary lunch. Participants can also pay the $15 registration fee at the door. Call 918-923-4958 to register or fill out the online form.