Panhandle Crops Field Day!
Saturday, September 9, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- SUNUP hits the road to Guymon to attend the Panhandle Crops Field Day!
- Josh Lofton, OSU Extension cropping systems specialist, explains how the sorghum crop is performing in the panhandle.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent heat wave and dry conditions. State climatologist Gary McManus predicts relief could be on the way both in cooler temperatures and widespread rainfall.
- Cameron Murley, OSU McCaull Research Station superintendent, explains what producers in the panhandle have been dealing with for the past year.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses anaplasmosis in cattle.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the latest movement in the crop markets.
- Finally, Paul Beck, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, explains why there isn’t much of a difference in cattle management for producers in the panhandle.