Dusting in Wheat, Managing Hay Waste & Chronic Wasting Disease
Saturday, September 24, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, offers planting advice for producers who are dusting in wheat.
- Colter Chitwood, OSU assistant professor of wildlife, talks about the recent case of chronic wasting disease in a deer found near the Oklahoma border.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, says drought conditions have depleted the percentage of plant available water. State climatologist Gary McManus predicts more hot and dry weather is on the way.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains the benefits of early culling in beef breeding heifers.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, analyzes the impacts of Russia’s war with Ukraine on the wheat market.
- Tom Royer, OSU Extension entomologist, says producers planting wheat for pasture need to be on the lookout for fall armyworms.
- Finally, Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, discusses ways to manage hay waste this winter.