Value-added research, ATV safety & soil moisture
Saturday, September 23, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- ATV safety tips with Ravyn Bevard, OSU Extension 4-H ATV safety educator.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, analyzes soil moisture at different depths. State climatologist Gary McManus looks at the drought monitor and the amount of rain we’ve seen so far this year.
- Rodney Jones, OSU Extension ag finance and management specialist, invites viewers to OSU’s Rural Economic Outlook Conference on October 11 in Stillwater.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension crop marketing specialist, talks about input costs and has an overview of corn, soybean and wheat prices.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks with Paul Vining, coordinator of the Oklahoma Quality Beef Network.
- Eric DeVuyst, OSU Extension farm and ranch management specialist, covers recent research about the financial benefits of raising value-added calves.
- Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension southeast area food and animal health quality specialist, tells producers how to prevent rain rot in livestock.
- SUNUP congratulates JJ Jones on being elected vice president of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents.
- Finally, sights and sounds from the recent New Frontiers tailgate outside Boone Pickens Stadium.