Drought Assistance, Feed Costs & Cleveland County Fair
Saturday, September 17, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, analyzes the programs available for producers dealing with the impacts of drought.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, says although drought has been devastating for summer crops, it has kept disease pressure low. State climatologist Gary McManus expects these dry conditions to continue for the next few months.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has management advice for producers about saving on feed costs, while continuing to grow cattle on their operations.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, explains what the budgets in the cattle markets will look like if wheat pasture can be established.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, covers the latest WASDE report and continued uncertainty in the markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses the importance of hay testing.
- Finally, we travel to Cleveland County for the sights and sounds of the fair.