Soil Management, Drought & Reality Check
Thursday, September 1, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension soil nutrient specialist, has guidance for producers who are making management decisions for dual-purpose and grain-only wheat.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the percentage of plant available water in the soil. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the drought monitor map.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, breaks down the latest news in the cattle markets.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension small grains specialist, explains how world events are impacting the grain markets.
- We preview the Caddo County Peanut & Cotton Field Day scheduled for Sept. 15 in Ft. Cobb.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, continues his discussion on retained ownership.
- Finally, a group of Tulsa Public Schools students recently visited the OSU campus
to get a small dose of the big realities of adulthood.