Drought Relief, Discounted Hay Testing & Avian Influenza
Saturday, October 8, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, examines the Oklahoma Legislature’s recent approval of more than $20 million for drought relief.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, discusses the discounted hay and livestock water testing OSU Extension is offering to producers.
- We have information on farm stress and mental health programs available for those in need.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, predicts more above average temperatures for next week. State climatologist Gary McManus says this is the driest period in the past 100 years.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the impact Russia’s war with Ukraine is having on world crop markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, gives winter preparation tips for cattle producers.
- John Weir, OSU Extension fire ecologist, explains how these extremely dry conditions could increase wildfire potential this fall and winter.
- We preview the upcoming OK-Fire workshops.
- Finally, Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension veterinarian, says avian influenza could become an issue again as waterfowl migrate south.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV (PBS)