Saturday, October 29, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda De Oliveira Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, says the recent rain may have saved the wheat crop for a lot of producers.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet coordinator, discusses how the rain impacted the soil moisture map. State climatologist Gary McManus shows us the improvement in the drought picture.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says even though the recent rain won’t help the hay situation, it could help with wheat pasture and other cool season forage prospects.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses bull selection.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, says cotton prices continue to take a hit.
- Becky Carroll, OSU Extension fruit and nut specialist, explains why the recent freeze could be a problem for a lot of pecan growers.
- Finally, Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, discusses a program to address the veterinarian shortage in rural communities.