Cotton, Weeds & Rural Economic Outlook Conference
Saturday, October 1, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Seth Byrd, OSU Extension cotton specialist, gives an update on how the cotton crop is faring during drought.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, predicts La Nina likely will continue into early winter. State climatologist Gary McManus analyzes the latest drought monitor.
- Misha Manuchehri, OSU Extension small grains weed specialist, says even though the extremely dry conditions may delay winter weeds, producers still need to plan ways to control them.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, discusses how the drought is impacting auction volumes in the cattle markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains how manage body condition scores in beef calves.
- Rodney Jones, OSU Extension ag finance and management specialist, invites viewers to the upcoming Rural Economic Outlook Conference.
- We preview the upcoming Rural Renewal Symposium.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the effect of Russia’s war with Ukraine on the overall crop markets.
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says cattle producers need to be on the lookout for obstructions in their herd this time of year.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV