More Drought Relief Funding, Wildfires & Turkey Talk!
Saturday, November 19, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, discusses the updates and deadlines for the next round of funding approved by the Oklahoma Emergency Drought Commission.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, says warmer weather is on the way. State climatologist Gary McManus analyzes the latest drought monitor map.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why the recent volatility in
the crop markets has finally smoothed out.
We have information on the upcoming 2022 Winter Crops School.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, reminds us of another option to consider for Thanksgiving tables.
- For those sticking with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, we have a few turkey facts from USDA-NASS.
- Finally, John Weir, OSU Extension fire ecologist, discusses how the recent rain and snow will impact Oklahoma’s wildfire season.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)