Livestock Medications, Saline Agriculture & Disaster Recovery
Saturday, November 12, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says changes to over-the-counter medications for livestock are on the horizon.
- State climatologist Gary McManus discusses the changes on the latest drought monitor map.
- After an EF-4 tornado tore the Idabel area last week, we have information on how to access OSU Extension disaster recovery resources.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says the drop in beef exports for September was the largest decrease in 30 months.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why there weren’t many changes in the latest WASDE report.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks with Parker Henley, OSU Extension beef seedstock management specialist, about the importance of supplementing minerals this winter given the lack of quality in the hay supply.
- We take a look at a Stillwater FFA member’s project to show her fellow students possible careers in the world of agriculture.
- Finally, OSU researchers are studying using saline water as an alternative irrigation method to help crops in extreme drought years.