Cotton harvest, hay storage and soil moisture
Friday, November 10, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- SUNUP heads to Blaine County to meet a farming family and see how their cotton harvest is progressing.
- Harvey Schroeder, executive director emeritus of the Oklahoma Cotton Council, gives an update on how the cotton crop looks overall in the state.
- Wes Lee, OSU Mesonet agricultural coordinator, shows how the lack of rain impacts the soil moisture maps. State climatologist Gary McManus says warmer weather is on its way again next week.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, explains why bigger feeder cattle numbers are declining.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses the importance of hay storage to a cattle operation.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the summer crop prices as harvest is wrapping up.
- Finally, SUNUP learns what makes Kay and her late husband, Win Ingersoll, OSU Agriculture Champions.